Search This Blog

Saturday 27 April 2013

Creation


     Early morning breeze brushes past my face, a giant storm cloud hovers on the southern horizon, mirroring bright red sunrise as short bursts of light illuminate the cloud itself, creating a double light effect. Breathing deep, offering thanks, I feel alive.
    
     The evening sunset begins, birds flit and flutter about catching their dinner. Clouds shift and suddenly I'm faced with the dim rising moon face, so vivid. 
    
     Cows drift along familiar treaded paths slowly, crunching mouthfuls of green grass, the pleasant oder of cow wafts across the slight evening breeze and I smile. 
    
     Clouds have covered the glowing moon again, the sun has set with brilliant colors of yellow and red.
    
     Crickets chirp, various bugs drone their harmony of praises to the Living One, while the warbler's song rises to touch the moon that peeks shyly out from behind a storm cloud's shadowy arm. The birds shout out their last notes of the day and begin to disappear into their homes, and the herdsman's whistle guides the lowing cows and bleating sheep on the path towards home. 
    
     Grass only quivers in the twilight stillness, lightning catches my eye betraying that rain is on it's way.
    
     The last light begins to fade and I listen to one more song about His love. The generator putters to a start, rumbling, drowning out some soft songs of creation. It's dark now, time to slip back into life after pausing. Empty hands receiving, eyes watching, ears open, hearts waiting. 
     
      It's morning again, the blue and purple clouds highlighted with pink color create a pastel picture, the mark of the Professional. Behind the darker colors, the sky glows yellow and orange, all creation seems to be watching the sunrise-waiting for the final climax in which their lungs will burst in thanks when the bright white light will shoot over the horizon where everything is so vivid. So sharp.

So beautiful.

     Yellow flowers turn their face to the sky, waiting. The grass dances slightly, joyously. Birds light on the acacia bushes, fly in formation, sing all the while. 

     The yellow behind the clouds has become so intense the sun must just be hesitating behind the drifting, now grey, clouds, waiting for it's opportunity- waiting for it's signal from the Holy One. 

     But African trees and bushes block the view of the sun's first peek of the day, and I'm left waiting for the rays to shine through the clouds that veil the sun's radiant light. And I'm reminded-

"... His face like lightning, His eyes like flaming torches, His arms and legs like the gleam of burnished bronze..." Daniel 10:5b

Jesus literally GLOWS 


HE is the LIGHT of the WORLD
In HIM is no darkness at ALL

     I go about my day, and I forget. Forget to thank Him for the sun, that makes it nearly 90 degrees every day. Thank Him for the sunburns I get, they remind me I'm alive, I'm fragile. I forget to thank Him that my eyes are open, they can see the beautiful light He has provided. Thank you Jesus! Thank you for You!
9. Colors

10. Sunrises and Sunsets

11. Coughs and Colds

And only by His Grace am I alive. 

"Death is swallowed up in victory. Oh death, where is your victory? Oh death, where is your sting? ... But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 
1 Corinthians 15:54b-55, 57

To God be the Glory

Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment